Thai Coconut Rice goes well along with the Thai Yellow Curry I posted some time ago. I either use jasmine rice or basmati, both come out quite well.
2 cups Thai jasmine-scented white rice
2 cups coconut milk
1 3/4 cups water
1/2 tsp. salt
- Spray cooking oil to a non-stick pot
- Place rice, coconut milk, water, and salt in the pot over medium to high heat
- Continue to stir occasionally until the coconut milk & water come to a gentle boil (stirring will avoid sticking to the bottom of the pot and burning)
- Once the coconut-water has begun to bubble, stop stirring. Turn down the heat to medium-low. Place lid on the pot, so that it is covered.
- Allow rice to cook in this way for 15-20 minutes, or until rice has absorbed most of the coconut-water
- Now turn off the heat, but leave the pot on the burner. Cover the pot tightly with the lid and allow to sit 5-10 minutes(This wud help remove the cooked rice easily without being stuck to the bottom of the pan)